Marieholm vicarage

Marieholmsvägen Luoto


The main building of Marieholm was built in 1791 and extended in 1898 at the western end. The name Marieholm comes from the wife of the first priest in Luoto, Anders Ehrström. The vicarage was built close to the church, on a waterway, according to the wishes of Ehrström. The beautiful surroundings along the shore of Fageruddsviken have remained unchanged.


The yard still features outbuildings, such as a horse stable and a cowhouse, with natural stone footings. The farmworkers’ cottage housed one of Finland’s first post offices, managed by the sacristan. The cottage now serves as the parish office.


The vicarage yard provides a view on the postcard-like church from the 1780s. The vicarage is currently not open to visitors.